| || |
Use these resources to follow up on this discussion of J2ME and expand your knowledge of wireless programming.
- The KJava Sample applications zip file includes complete source code for HelloWorld.java and Scribble.java, as well as supporting files.
- The MIDP Sample application zip file includes complete source code for HelloWorld.java, as well as supporting files for use with the J2ME Wireless Toolkit.
- For all things J2ME (including downloads for all the APIs and VMs used in this tutorial), visit the official J2ME page.
- Both Sun and IBM provide various versions of the Java 2 SDK.
- Download the Palm OS Emulator (POSE).
- IBM VisualAge Micro Edition, which was recently named best embedded development tool by JavaPro magazine, provides everything you need to quickly create embedded Java applications for wireless devices.
- Interested in how J2ME has changed since 1999? Read Todd Sundsted's "J2ME grows up" (developerWorks, May 2001), which was inspired by a recent all-day tech session with Sun Java evangelist Bill Day.
- Visit our Wireless Java Programming discussion forum for help with your J2ME-related questions.
- Wireless programming extends well beyond the realm of the Java platform. For information, visit the Wireless page on developerWorks.