Below is a summary of software projects that we have either created, or contributed to. For more information on any of these projects, please visit the project web site.
Back in 1998 CleanUp! 1.0 started off as a simple application written to help a couple of friends keep their hard disks clean of any traces of where they'd been on the Internet. Since they found it useful, version 1.0 was then made freely available to anyone else who wanted it. This was a huge success, and I rapidly generated thousands of happy users.
Since those early beginnings CleanUp! has undergone some major developments and revisions. It has been upgraded to be even more powerful, support more browsers (and versions of browsers), more Operating Systems (sorry, only Microsoft Windows-based for now), frees up even more disk space, and helps protect users privacy even further. All this while still sticking to one of its original goals, and that was to keep it easy to use. For more information refer to the CleanUp! home page.
Private Eye was written to expose to user the contents of an area on their computer known as the "Protected Storage". This area often contains supposedly private and confidential information about the user including names/aliases, addresses, e-mail addresses, account numbers and even passwords. When Private Eye was first released, it was the first such application to allow users to make changes to the entries that get stored there.
For more information refer to the Private Eye home page.
Index Dat Spy
Newer versions of Windows - most notably Windows 2000, XP and later - make use of a number of
index.dat files to help applications (primarily Internet Explorer and related) better track and access cached objects like cookies, temporary internet files browser cache, history and more. Following discussions on the CleanUp! discussion list around whether the
index.dat file contents actually get deleted when you empty your browser cache, we decided to explore ourselves. Hence the creation of Index Dat Spy - a nifty little utility that allows the user to view the contents of any
index.dat file - even if it is in use - in an easily human-readble form.
At the time of writing Index Dat Spy, the only other widely used
index.dat file viewer made undesirable changes to your computer, including the installation of SpyWare. Users clearly didn't like this. So, when Index Dat Spy was released it was the first freely available
index.dat file viewer that came with "no strings attached".
For more information refer to the Index Dat Spy home page.
OpenForecast is an open source package of general purpose, forecasting models written in Java that can be applied to any data series. One of the design goals is to make it easy for a developer to use in an application even if they do not understand, or care to understand, the differences between the different forecasting models available. This project is hosted on SourceForge.net, and is licensed under the GNU Library or Lesser Public License (LGPL).
The following projects are some of the open source projects to which we have contributed.
DOC++ for Windows
DOC++ is a very powerful, cross-platform documentation tool for C++, C and Java programmers. If you are familiar with javadoc, DOC++ is similar to that but far more powerful. Visit the DOC++ web site for more information. All I provide here are source code, build files and binaries for the Win32 platforms.
doc++.zip - includes all source code, documentation, Visual Studio workspace and project files, as well as the DOC++ executables (in the Release subdirectory).
Chances are good that if you're doing C++ development under Windows you're likely to be using Microsoft Visual Studio/Visual C++. I have put together some guidelines for integrating DOC++ into the Visual C++ IDE.
I have made various contributions to the JDOM project, including bug fixes, minor enhancements and the addition of the JDOM "Easter Egg".
:-) All my changes have been incorporated into the main code base which is available from the JDOM web site. [Update: last time I checked, someone had made a change to the manifest.mf file essentially hiding the Easter Egg even further in the code.
I submitted a bug fix for a rather obscure bug with the Sybase ODBC driver. Fix accepted into the main code base (January 2002).